This site is intended for healthcare professionals.
THE PRESSURE IS ON
TO DIAGNOSE CKD
AS FEW AS 10% OF ADULTS WITH CKD
ARE DIAGNOSED, EVEN IN STAGE 31-3
TAKE THE PRESSURE OFF BY FOLLOWING THESE THREE SIMPLE STEPS:
ERA-EDTA’s endorsement is for the promotion of education in general, therefore the specific content of this material is the responsibility of AstraZeneca.
SEE WHY THE PRESSURE IS ON TO
DIAGNOSE CKD IN ITS EARLIER STAGES
CKD can be a life-threatening condition that is vastly underdiagnosed.3
9 out of 10 people with CKD don’t know they have it – in both developed and developing countries.3
As few as 1 in 10 adults with Stage 3 CKD are diagnosed.1-3
Learn more about the importance of diagnosing CKD early.
CKD, chronic kidney disease; CV, cardiovascular; eGFR, estimated glomerular filtration rate; GFR, glomerular filtration rate.
- Ryan TP et al. Am J Med. 2007;120(11):981–986.
- Ravera M et al. Am J Kidney Dis. 2011;57(1):71–77.
- GBD Chronic Kidney Disease Collaboration, Lancet. 2020;395(10225):709–733.
- Alabama Department of Public Health. Special Task Force on Chronic Kidney Disease report. April 2007. Accessed 20 November 2020.
- Kidney Disease: The Basics. National Kidney Foundation. Published May 2020. Accessed 20 November 2020.
- Brenner BM et al. N Engl J Med. 2001;345(12):861–869.
- Go AS et al. N Engl J Med. 2004;351(13):1296–1305.
- Estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR). National Kidney Foundation. Reviewed 14 September 2020. Accessed 25 November 2020.
- Ghaderian SB et al. J Renal Inj Prev. 2014;3(4):109–110.
- Courser WG et al. Kidney Int. 2011;80(12):1258–1270.
- Chronic kidney disease basics. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Page reviewed 7 February 2020. Accessed 6 October 2020.
- Kidney Disease Stats. National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. December 2016. Accessed 25 November 2020.
- Yacoub R, Habib H, Lahdo A, et al. Association between smoking and chronic kidney disease: A case control study. BMC Public Health. 2010;10:731.
- Schnaper HW. Pediatr Nephrol. 2014;29(2):193–202.