EARLY INTERVENTION CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
By identifying patients and intervening early, you can help slow the progression of kidney failure, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, and help your patients live a longer, dialysis-free life.2,4,5
EARLY INTERVENTION CAN SLOW DISEASE PROGRESSION IN CKD PATIENTS
CKD, chronic kidney disease; CV, cardiovascular; eGFR, estimated glomerular filtration rate; GFR, glomerular filtration rate.
- Ryan TP et al. Am J Med. 2007;120(11):981–986.
- Ravera M et al. Am J Kidney Dis. 2011;57(1):71–77.
- GBD Chronic Kidney Disease Collaboration, Lancet. 2020;395(10225):709–733.
- Alabama Department of Public Health. Special Task Force on Chronic Kidney Disease report. April 2007. Accessed 20 November 2020.
- Kidney Disease: The Basics. National Kidney Foundation. Published May 2020. Accessed 20 November 2020.
- Brenner BM et al. N Engl J Med. 2001;345(12):861–869.
- Go AS et al. N Engl J Med. 2004;351(13):1296–1305.
- Estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR). National Kidney Foundation. Reviewed 14 September 2020. Accessed 25 November 2020.
- Ghaderian SB et al. J Renal Inj Prev. 2014;3(4):109–110.
- Courser WG et al. Kidney Int. 2011;80(12):1258–1270.
- Chronic kidney disease basics. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Page reviewed 7 February 2020. Accessed 6 October 2020.
- Kidney Disease Stats. National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. December 2016. Accessed 25 November 2020.
- Yacoub R, Habib H, Lahdo A, et al. Association between smoking and chronic kidney disease: A case control study. BMC Public Health. 2010;10:731.
- Schnaper HW. Pediatr Nephrol. 2014;29(2):193–202.